Re: oil pool (wheel bearings?)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil pool (wheel bearings?)
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 13:59:53 -0700
Ok, I got back from shotgun practice here in sunny SoCal and took off the
right rear wheel to look for the oil leak.

The five bolts looked snug and they were.  No sign of oil from the outside.

Using a mirror I looked around the perimeter of the inside of the drum. No
oil except the lower third of the circumference.

Lots of oil under the differential and near the filler port (as usual). I
looked around for a tool to check the diff but couldn't find a square one. I
knew I had one somewhere. Is it a half inch square?

Am I on the right track?

Ron

67 BJ8