Wish list continued

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Wish list continued
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 23:24:36 -0400
Rich,

The reproduction heater control panel and heater switch have been a bit of
problem.  The two panels I bought from different vendors seem to be from the
same supplier.  The top edge isn't flat, but concave - so there is a gap
between
the panel and the dash.  The section with the horizontal slot (min/max
temperature) has an over bite - the lower section doesn't stick out as far.
And
the tab of the heater switch that sticks through the slot isn't made quite
right
so it rubs on the lower section of the panel.  Another switch that I returned
had a problem with the tab that holds the detent spring.  It stood too tall and
rubbed the upper section.

I've been thinking about tearing apart the old and new switches so I can fit
the
new electrical switch to the old assembly.  Would have to make a new pivot pin.
  Don't see how to get the spring off without destroying something.

Know anyone who re-letters old heater control panels?

I've run into a couple of problems with the new wiring harness from British
Wiring.  I've sent Leslie a list and will probably send another when I have the
harness installed.  I can cc you, if you like.

One has to feel a bit sorry for and have a lot of respect for anyone who
strives
for originality/concours.  A lot of effort and knowledge required.

Bob