RE: Wish list continued

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wish list continued
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:09:46 -0700
After ordering a new heater control panel and knobs for my BJ8 several years
ago and having the lettering flake off within a year (even though I was
always careful not to touch the surfaces), I ordered a new set and sprayed
them with clear lacquer before installation.   They're still looking good.

Another pet peeve that I hope somebody will solve sometime in my lifetime:
crummy-quality rubber parts such as the teardrop gaskets under the Lucas
fender mirrors.  The new ones that come from Moss will crack and split
within a month.  I never could understand why someone would go to the
trouble to make a mold for rubber parts, which has to be most of the cost,
and then use crappy rubber.  I have repaired this stuff with liquid rubber
out of a tube that has lasted longer.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry