Original sparkplug boots, BJ8

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original sparkplug boots, BJ8
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:26:00 -0700
Hello, Healeyphiles -

I was at British Car Day at Catawba College this weekend and met someone who
is an original owner of his BJ8.  He asked if I knew of any source for
original sparkplug boots such as were on his car.  These are rather large
rubber boots with no markings on them, and they appear similar to what is
shown in the Anderson/Moment book on page 155.  The caption with this
picture says that "these spark plug caps were installed only on the BJ8s
equipped with radios.  The car is a European spec car that the owner bought
new in Belgium.

I told him I didn't know, but would ask on the list.  Thanks for any advice
on this.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry