Re: Fuel Tank Screen

To: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank Screen
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:47:06 -0700
John,

As a last resort you can drill down through the top of the brass
fitting in line with the fuel feed pickup pipe. You could then run
some solvent down the pipe or ram the screen if needed. I cleaned
mine this way. To plug it, tap the hole to 1/4-20 thread (check this
size before drilling); solder a brass plug in place to plug the hole;
contour file the plug and you are done. BTW, I filled the gas tank
with water while doing all of this.

John