BN2 vapor lock question / conundrum

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN2 vapor lock question / conundrum
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:27:45 -0700
Pete Roses and I have been troubleshooting Sarah Frost's frame-off 100M for
a whole-engine miss problem at running temperature.

When the car reaches 190, it starts to miss seriously as if the whole engine
is going on and off. Otherwise the car runs perfectly with no apparent
richness or backfiring. The spark plugs are normal. 190 seems a little hot,
but the miss seems inappropriate for only 190--my car's run fine at 205 or
even 212.

Everything on the car is new or rebuilt, and we've replaced the coil,
condenser and fuel pump as well as checked the fuel system for
cleanliness--it's new and spotless.
At no point is the fuel line very close to the exhaust. The closest point is
the metal vertical up-tube to the front carb which is several inches from
the manifold. Everything looks completely normal.

My question--is it possible for these cars to vapor lock under normal
driving circumstances?
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA