RE: Drive Train Problem

To: "Ned Smith" <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: RE: Drive Train Problem
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:48:57 -0500
 Hi Ned, I don't know if this will help but I had the same symptom with
a center shift box a couple of months ago.  Is yours center or side
shift??  Anyway, on the center shift box I removed the top cover.  This
was done in the car.  The 1-2 and 3-4 slide rod slots where the finger
thingy on the shifter selector rod fits in must be side-by-side or
things will be locked up.  They weren't in my case....long story why.  I
just slid them using a screw driver as a lever until they were
side-to-side, replaced the top cover and all was great.  Long story
short...the shifter looked as if it were in neutral but the trans was
actually in gear.  I don't know if the same applies to a side shift box.
Lotsa Luck,
Jack