Re: Road Fix

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Road Fix
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:28:50 +0800
Bob -

It's funny, I had a very similar experience with my voltage regulator
on a long trip.  It stopped working and rather than charging down the
battery on the way home, I popped the regulator cover, filed the
contacts, bent the contact arm back into place, and eyeballed the gap.
 The VR has been on the car now for 50K miles since then and still
going strong.  No problems with charging or the battery.

Great job on your field repair... those are the best!

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8