Re: 100 installation - DW Fan / Texas Cooler / Hayden Fan

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com, SJNNOCK@aol.com, healey.nut@gmail.com,
Subject: Re: 100 installation - DW Fan / Texas Cooler / Hayden Fan
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:20:39 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/2006 11:25:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
GSFuqua1@aol.com writes:

I have a  DW fan on my BN2 and that will soon be switched to one
purchased from the  Nocks.  I have been disappointed in the fit and the
amount of
cooling  provided by the DW fan.

I put the five-bladed plastic DW fan on my 100 several years  ago to replace
a Moss six-blade, it seemed to be somewhat of an improvement, or  at least for
a while.  However last year I noticed that the blades had  taken a set
forward and when I removed the fan and placed it on a flat  surface the fan
rested
only on the tips with the hub about 3/4" off  the surface.

I then installed the Nock steel flex which made a tremendous  difference in
the car's ability to deal with traffic situations and knocked 5-10  degrees off
the operating temperature at all speeds.  I did have to do a  bit of grinding
on the mounting plate in order for it to go over the shoulder of  the pulley
but no big deal.

Best--Michael Oritt