RE: Guage question

To: <RicPhillips@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Guage question
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:59:53 +0100
Hey Ric.
Welcome to the educational world of the Austin Healey. This list is the most
useful correspondence course in Healey education ever devised and this topic
was aired a couple of years ago.  As a new owner myself I learnt that as the
trapped air inside the gauge warms from the coil windings, moisture in it
condenses on the colder glass.

The solution is to drill a 1/16" hole in the top and bottom of the case to
allow the air to circulate.  I learnt that from this list and it worked for
me.  Big tip though. Take the rim (bezel), glass and face plate apart before
drilling.  That way you can see what you are likely to hit as the drill
breaks through.

AlanB
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk
            mailto:alan@nfahc.co.uk