Re: Trany Stabilizer Rod Adjust.

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Trany Stabilizer Rod Adjust.
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:19:47 +0800
Mark -

You only want to tighten this to where it has very little (or no) pressure
on the bushing.  I have heard stories of people who have tightened this tie
rod too tight and over time it warps the OD housing.

 You don't need to have the radiator in, as the stabilizer's main function
is actually just to keep the engine and gearbox from flying forward under
very hard braking.  Otherwise it serves no real purpose, so it should have
no affect on the location of the engine and gearbox.

You would be suprised to know that every single used healey I have ever seen
has had the tie rod missing because the PO threw the rod away when they put
in a new clutch.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1