Overdrive solenoid

To: "Healeys (E-mail)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive solenoid
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:37:48 +0100
I have a solenoid left over from the period in which I threw parts at my OD
until it worked. I know (a little) better now. I cannot recall the
particular crisis that occasioned a new solenoid, but I still have the old
one and it "appears" to work fine.

How can I bench test it?

The OD works fine at the moment, thanks. (Touch wood)

Incidentally, I bought an OD relay recently whilst cleaning up the other and
keeping it as a spare. The new one lasted about 2 weeks. I opened it up and
it was lousy with damp/corrosion etcetc. I find these relays to clean up
well if/when they malfunction, but I was surprised by the state of this one!
It's one of the cheaper Lucas ones with spade connectors on top.

Simon