Fuel Stavation

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Stavation
From: jomar healey <ah53@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:35:39 -0700 (PDT)
I'm still working on turning the 100M into a running usable car and am having a
fuel starvation problem.  The pump has been replaced by a brand new SU unit.
The lines from the pump to the carbs pass fuel a good rate.  What seems to
happen is the pump will hang up.  With the float bowls empty all I could get
out of the pump was 1 or 2 clicks.  I pulled the pump filter and it was clean.
When I turned on the key on the pump came to life.  Should I still consider the
pump suspect or is it possible the tank pick is plugged.  If that is the case
how can I check.  The car had not run for a supposed 3 years when I bought it.
Based on the condition of the brakes it looked like more than 10 years since it
last ran Thanks for all your help.

Joe
BN1 #923 Coronet Cream
BN2 100M