RE: Video on Google

To: "David Porter" <frogeye@swcp.com>,
Subject: RE: Video on Google
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:02:00 +1000
G'day Dave

Couldn't agree with you more Dave.

My first experience was years ago when I was driving my BN1 over a
bridge here in Sydney. It's a arched concrete structure that is a
delight in any Austin-Healey. I spied a dark green sports car coming up
behind me and it was a 289 AC Cobra which went past like I was standing
still.

Since then I have had the pleasure of driving both Bristol and Zephyr
engined Aces as well as a 289 and 427 powered Cobras. I also have have
some bad memories of driving less than well soted replicas. I must admit
that like yourself I prefer the Bristol powered cars as I think they are
more pure of form and the 289 version with its little extra flares in
the guards.

However I think the body work on the 427 is an abomination and while
with the four wheel independent suspension they do handle after a
fashion I think the earlier cars with the transverse leaf springs are
more enjoyable.

Yes I know the real ones are worth a squillion dollars these days but I
still think back to when I first drove a 289 powered car that it felt
exactly like my Austin-Healey with a V8 stuck in it.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

Ps This is much more fun than legal crap.