BT7 Frozen Engine.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: BT7 Frozen Engine.
From: Robert D Parker <rd_parker@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:25:24 -0700
Hi out there,
So, far I have tried the marvel mystery oil in every cylinder for a
sufficient soak period, with no success in hand-turning over the engine.
I will continue to test out the many excellent suggestions I have
received to un-freeze the crankshaft, and thanks for all who have
contributed. Here is a new twist. The rear wheels turn freely, with the
rear end off the ground. My clutch is not operating at this time, due to
loss of fluid. It has been many years, I can not recall the reason for
the loss. However, while I can hand turn the rear wheels, with the
gearbox in-gear, either forward or reverse, I can not detect any movement
in the crankshaft. Is it possible that the clutch system is somehow
preventing crankshaft rotation? The clutch master cylinder appears jammed
or stuck, and I will attempt to free it. I will then replentish the fluid
and bleed the system, which should allow me to operate the clutch. To
repeat myself, I can hand-rotate the rear wheels, but there is no
noticeable effect upon the engine. It seems as if the clutch is in, with
the engine still frozen.  I realize that many other internal engine
possibilities exist, but, could my clutch system be somehow jammed or
gummed up on the pressure plate-to-engine?
Your responses and suggestions are welcomed.
Gratefully Yours,
Bob BT7.