Re: It works (coils/electronic ignition)

To: "David Nock" <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: It works (coils/electronic ignition)
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:31:51 -0500
I recall reading that coils are not polarity specific, but are polarity
sensitive, you need to swap the smaller wires on either side of the main
coil wire (high tension lead is the correct name?) if you reverse polarity,
coil will work either way but best if you have polarity correct.

In other words I think you do suffer the power loss if you change polarity,
but only if you reverse polarity coils without reversing the the two wires
usually marked + and - or CB and SW.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1