Re: HVLP v Pressure Spray Guns

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HVLP v Pressure Spray Guns
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:44:58 -0400
Quinn, Patrick wrote:
> I get the impression that HTLP equipment runs on about 10psi. If that's
> the case is it possible to turn the pressure down real low on my
> regulator and use my normal compressor?

Noting no reply, let me jump in, although I haven't gotten my own HVLP
gear yet, so take this with a grain of salt.  I expect the difficulty
might be whether your existing compressor can deliver the needed volume
(the "HV" standing for high volume).  The air delivery systems in the
HVLP gear I've seen have been more like blowers than compressors.
--
John Miller
Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds.  Biochemistry