gas tank repair/replace?

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: gas tank repair/replace?
From: Don Day <fsufan1952@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:10:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello List
      I was sandplasting my BJ-8 gas tank and I found 2 small pin holes.I
actually put a pin in the hole and it fell all the way through! Its the part of
the tank that is on the bottom between the tank and the lower shroud .My
question is has any one had any luck good or bad with welding the holes up or
do I need to get a new tank?I would have the body shop weld the holes up if I
go that way.Any help?
                             Don
                              BJ-8 Phase II under re-construction