Re: gas tank repair/replace?

To: Don Day <fsufan1952@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: gas tank repair/replace?
From: Skip <tfsbj7@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:05:18 -0400
I am sure there are many "proper" solutions.   The one I was most
impressed with was performed at my radiator shop.   The fellow took my
gas tank, (well cleaned out by the way), and brazed (not welded) some
shim stock over the pin holes.... The advantage of brazing is that he
used flux over the whole area covered by the shim stock so the solder
wicked completely under the shim stock... (probably a better solution
then trying to weld a patch... IMHO)

Tank has performed perfectly for the past 8 years following this repair.

-skip-

Don Day wrote:

> Hello List
>       I was sandplasting my BJ-8 gas tank and I found 2 small pin holes.

.My question is has any one had any luck good or bad with welding the
holes up or do I need to get a new tank?I would have the body shop weld
the holes up if I go that way.