Re: paint colors

To: Edward.Santoro@drbc.state.nj.us, seplynn@sbcglobal.net,
Subject: Re: paint colors
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:08:31 EDT
(Dan Ploctnics (sic) Color Guide book will be able to provide the
paints codes for you.)

Hi Edward-

FWIW
If you are using the Donald Pikovnik book "AUSTIN-HEALEY"  Guide to  Historic
Colors for your color recognition I think that you will find that there  are
two red colors shown on page 8. One of these are designated as Carmen
Red-RD.13 ICI-2260 that appears to be very  close match with the Tartan Red
-RD.09
ICI-3770 on page 16. The Tartan Red is  shown to have been a Sprite-Mk IV color.
Not to be confused with the Carmine Red -RD.13 ICI  8616 that is shown on the
upper right of page 8.
For what it is worth to my knowledge this was not a standard   color that was
offered on the BN4. Although it may have been provided as a  special order.
As I have said this is just my humble opinion.

Marion S.  Brantley, Jr.
Concours Committee Member
Chairman,  Judging