Re: MIG welder

To: Dave Schweninger <quenty@ntelos.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MIG welder
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:12:04 -0400
Dave,

I am not a welder exactly but have used my unit quite a bit.  I have a Lincoln
100 amp unit with variable voltage and variable wire feed settings.  It has
handled all the jobs I have thrown at it from about 20 gauge butt welding to
1/4 heavy stuff.  It has performed quite well.

I am not pushing the Lincoln necessarily but I strongly recommend the variable
voltage and wire feed.  Also go up in amperage as high as you can afford -
gives more capability.

Keith Pennell