Re: [Fwd: Oil]

To: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Oil]
From: Jon McLeroy <jfm@spyderinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:19:43 -0600
At 01:33 PM 11/2/06, you wrote:
>Are Penrite oils still available anywhere in the U.S.?  My BN2 engine
>rebuild is almost finished and you guys got me worried.
>Mike MacLean
>56 BN2
>60 AN5

Mike

Yes.  Whatever I have in stock is for sale.  Unfortunately due to a
lack of steady business and the increased cost due to the exchange
rate with the British pound I am selling out my stock and closing the doors.

As I have been saying for 5-6 years Penrite is the best oil for your
classic cars.  But it's not cheap!!  But what does a rebuild of the
engine, transmission or rear end cost?  A lot more than buying the
correct and best oil for your car to begin with, in my humble opinion.

Mike I just checked and have 13 1ltr bottles of Penrite Running Oil
(run for 300 miles).  Then replace with Penrite HPR 30 (20W/60) or
Penrite Classic 20W/50 (compares to Castrol 20W/50) but with a better
additive package.

I would love to stay open as the only Penrite distributor in the US
but without the steady sales and support of everyone it just isn't
going to happen.

The weak dollar and the increased cost of importing from England is
pushing the cost up and I find it hard to justify staying open when I
only get half a dozen sales per month, if that.

If I can sale most of what I have in stock quickly so the income is
not spread over too many months I might be able to get another
shipment sent over.  But remember 2000 pounds sterling will cost
close to $4000.00.(ouch)

Should anyone out there be interested in investing or becoming a
partner please let me know.  To keep Penrite available in the states
could help save us all thousands of dollars in repair costs due to
non-compatible modern lubricants.

Thank you for your time as I get this off my chest.

Happy motoring and God bless each of you.
Jon

Classic Auto Lubes
12803 CR 1222
Tyler, Tx.  75709