Re: Seat Belts

To: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:14:20 -0800
> Frankly, standard non-retractable shoulder belts are plenty comfortable
> and
> easy enough to use on a BJ8.  That's what I have and they work great.
>
> Alan

I also have standarad non-retractable shoulder belts in my Healey and love
them.  I find it comforting when I lean forward as I'm driving and can feel
the belt restrain me.  I don't want to have to rely on an inertial mechanism
to lock & restrain the belt in the event of a collision.  The only in
convenience is when I turn around to look as I'm backing up, I have to
unbuckle the belt to turn my shoulder.  No big deal.
Vroooom vrooom,
John
Erika the Red