The BJ8 on Guam

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: The BJ8 on Guam
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 08:27:48 -0800
Hello, Healeyphiles -

To follow up on the thread from a few days ago about the story at
http://byrg.net/eaj/AustinHealey3000smemories.html,
I called Mr. Dailey and we had a very nice chat.  He was thrilled to learn
that there might be a way (the BJ8 registry) for him to find out eventually
where his red '65 BJ8 is that he had on Guam.  He has been searching for it
for years.  We concluded, however, that the car that was sold on eBay in May
'05 and described as "shipped to first owner on Guam" was probably not his
car but another one that a friend in Guam had at the same time, since his
friend was the original owner and the friend's car was red over black, like
the car on eBay.  Mr. Dailey sold his BJ8 to his friend before he left Guam.

Unfortunately, to his knowledge he does not have a record of the VIN even
though he does have a record of the VIN of almost every other car he has
owned.  But he has some other sources and is hopeful that he can come up
with it.

Everyone go right now and record the VIN of your car in a place that you
intend to be preserved for the future.  A registry comes to mind.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC