Master Cylinders

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinders
From: WWSCPO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:33:18 EST
Hi All,

I'm rebuilding the brake and clutch master cylinders for my  BJ8.  I have
noticed that both masters are the same size for my car,in  external length and
diameter, while another Healey in the garage has  different sized masters, the
clutch master being shorter.  Both of my  master cylinders are stamped Girling
625.  My car had been damaged on the  left front and I wonder if the PO just
tossed another brake master in the car  for a quick fix. What is correct?

TIA,

Bill Schumann, BJ8 38046
Nahant, MA