Re: Engine Rear Seal

To: "HEALEY LIST" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Engine Rear Seal
From: "Bob Yule" <autofarm@cyg.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:17:12 -0500
    Rich, as long as the engine is apart, I would not reassemble it without
fitting a rear seal kit.  It seems that the scroll, once disturbed, wants to
leak, for reasons known only to itself.  If done properly, then the split
seal kit is extremely effective, as we have found over the last few years,
having fitted about 30 of them.
    Believe me it is easier to do it now, even if you don't think it
necessary, than it is to pull the transmission later if you do have a
leaker.
Cheers.......Bob
Check out our web site www.autofarm.net