RE: Hello ...

To: 'Chris Tucker' <list@mysystemadmin.com>, 'healeys'
Subject: RE: Hello ...
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 18:17:24 -0400
Great question. There are a lot of suppliers out there. The jury is out as
far as I am concerned as to the parts manufacturers that supply the parts
that Moss and Victoria British AND others resell. Some are good, some are
bad but at least there are parts out there that did not exist 25 or so years
ago except from junk yards and/or parts cars. And, a company like Moss or
Vicky Brits has the muscle to get things manufactured correctly.
(I Hope)

What troubles me most is that someone will start a thread on Moss and then
someone will chime in saying that X Y or Z person at Moss has gone out of
their way to correct the problem. Frankly, they have done that for me as has
Vicky Brits and others. Also, I go absolutely bonkers when juvenile people
on this list say M***. Get a life. Their name is Moss and when typing M***
you are fooling no one.

That being said, Moss appears to me to be the whipping boy because they are
probably the largest. I can not remember the last time that I saw a thread
about Vicky Brits or the many Moss resellers on this list who may supply a
bad part because they resell from Moss and Moss had in turn a bad
manufacturer. Do the Moss resellers have manufacturers that Moss has never
heard of???? I think not. The parts probably come from the same
manufacturers. After all, how many companies are going go make a part for a
50 year old car that had limited production when it was new???? And only a
few remain???? Kinda like the Apple vs Microsoft commercials. I'll tell you
what. If I were to make up a virus I would go after the company that had 96
percent of the business (MS) rather than the weak sister that has 4%.
(Apple) And don't tell me that Macs do not have viruses. They do. Otherwise,
Why would Norton go to the expense of writing and selling antivirus software
for Macs. And why would there be page after page on a Yahoo search for
antivirus for Macs. Over 70 pages when I stopped counting.

Point is, why whip up on the big guy. I am not taking Moss's side, just want
fair to be fair.

Flame away!! To paraphrase Captain Renault in Casablanca, I expect to hear
from the usual suspects.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com