Re: Alternative fuel pump

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, "Bob Haskell"
Subject: Re: Alternative fuel pump
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:00:17 -0400
I would think there must be a lot of these original AUF301 series pumps
sitting forgotten on garage shelves, having been replaced by new pumps for
one reason or another.Uusually folks have given up on them because of pitted
points, aged diaphragms, or simply don't trust them because they don't know
how to set them up, and usually the body casting is just fine.

Just to familiarize people the AUF301 is the last style that ran through the
BJ8's and is visually the same pump used on the MGB.

You certainly shouldn't have to resort to the cost of a new pump body or an
aftermarket replacement.

I have a couple of them sitting on my back room shelves, but shipping it to
the U.K. wouldn't be the cheapest scenario for you. However, let me know if
you don't get a response closer to home.

Rich Chrysler