Re: Alternative fuel pump

To: M Lempert <mlempert@bellsouth.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: Alternative fuel pump
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:51:14 -0700
Mike,

I think that the term facet pump is used generically in these discussions.  As
Facut manufacturers most of these and OEMs them to NAPA for example.

NAPA 610-1051. It is a low pressure (1.5 lbs b 4 lbs)

Here is a good article on this generic family of pumps

http://www.custompistols.com/cars/dave/BackUpFuelPump.htm

The older pumps are noiser and have a square metal body.  Newer ones have
round plastic bodies and are slightly quieter.

If you really can hear it abouve the exhaust then you have a quieter silencer
than I.  In that case you can get sound deadning mounts as mentioned in the
above article.

Tracy