Re: Alternative fuel pump

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, Healey forum
Subject: Re: Alternative fuel pump
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:47:22 +0200
Simon,
If you want, I can send you the pump I got with my BJ8 for free.
Shipping to the UK shouldn't be that expensive. I went for a rather
small German  centrifugal pump which, I'm told, is 100% reliable.
Picture enclosed. Don't expect a return answer from me - I'll be in
Belgium for the next few days.
Regards
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432

Simon Lachlan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I think that I need a new body for my fuel pump, an AUF301 SU, for my BT7. I
>think the PO must have overtightened one of the "outlet connection" into the
>body and damaged the thread as it felt very sloppy when I put it back on
>last time, though it didn't leak. Now, however, it does leak! Click click.
>Drip drip. Oh Bo****ks!
>
>So, maybe I can locate another body at sensible price. Maybe I can find a
>fix..some sort of threaded insert...? Any ideas??
>

>Or mayhaps, I'll just ditch it and get the Facet. Which one is it? What's
>the part number?
>
>Actually, doesn't have to be Facet...just has to be obtainable in UK. Don't
>give me JC Whitney parts or NAPA as I don't think we do them over here!!
>

>Thanks,
>
>Simon.

3022004.jpg]