Re: [Healeys] High rpm's

To: "TERRY COLL" <coll44@msn.com>, "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] High rpm's
From: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:06:07 -0400
I had mine rebuilt, but got very little help from having it done. Seems that
it is only "correct" atone rpm level, i.e. If it is correct at 300 rpm's
them it will not be correct at 4000 or 2000. I matched mine to my multimeter
at 3000. By the time it gets to 4000, I have no real idea of what my speed
would be. As I recall when using GPS at 70 mph my rpms were approaching 5000
rpm. And by that time the speedo was registering over 80. I'm going to get
my speedo rebuilt and see if that will get me something that I can have more
confidence in. OTOH, having all that speed registering and "not getting
caught" is kind of cool also, so long as I can keep myself fooled by myself.

Bob Johnson
BJ8