Re: [Healeys] playing detective

To: richard.ewald@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] playing detective
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:11:17 EDT
I too have done dozens of leak down tests & do not find it difficult to
locate top dead center on each cylinder. In fact is easy. Leak down testers do
not
require 150 PSI or any other specific pressure. One gage reads the pressure
being supplied from the source. the other gage reads the pressure in the
cylinder being tested. It is the percentage difference between the two gages
that
tells you how much "lead down" you have. For instance, if the supply is 79 PSI
&
the cylinder reads 71 PSI, the leak down is 8 PSI or 10%. 100 PSI supply
pressure makes it easy to calculate the leak down percentage.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 9/28/2007 9:57:32 AM Central Daylight Time,