Re: [Healeys] playing detective

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, "healeys"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] playing detective
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 00:13:19 -0500
If the valve were returning slowly wouldn't you get worse running pressure?,
I believe you recorded zero compression on a compression test and 60 PSI
with the car running.  Have you tried the old oil test, a little motor oil
in cylinder one, if compression goes up appreciably you know it is
piston/cylinder related, if not should be valves.  I don't know which, but
that easy test should help. http://www.dansmc.com/compression_test.htm link
to a motorcycle sight, but the principles are pretty universal to all
motors.

Greg Lemon
54 Bn1

Greg Lemon