Re: [Healeys] Best Parts Sources (Part 1)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Best Parts Sources (Part 1)
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:11:59 -0700
Hi, Bob -
The rotors on a BJ8 are bolted to the hubs and don't use studs, so pressing
in studs did not cause my problem.  After we both observed the wobble in the
rotor on the car, while I watched the shop guy unbolted the rotor from the
new (defective) hub and reassembled with exactly the same parts -- rotor,
bearings, and bolts -- except that he used my old hub.  After reinstallation
on the car the rotor turned absolutely true and there was no binding with
the brakes or anything else.  My conclusion is that the rotor wobble was
caused by the new hub.  Would anyone else reach a different conclusion?
Even if there was another cause other than the hub, would it be too much to
ask for a supplier either to replace the item immediately or ask to have it
sent in for investigation?

I would like to attend Eurofest, but it would be a 600-mile round trip for
me and there are too many other things going on.  Besides, I'll probably be
busy installing the $356 worth of parts that I just bought from Moss and
didn't buy from Healey Haven!

Happy Healeying!
Steve