Re: [Healeys] OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!
From: "Dallas Congleton" <dcongleton@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:06:53 -0500
I don't have a dog in this fight but here is a link to a good article I
found when researching during a recent engine rebuild. There is more than
gasket choice required for a long term head/block seal.  The article
addresses the applications of different types of gaskets including the MLS..
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/us/us80222.htm

It does seem strange that someone in the business of selling a gasket would
recommend re-using it three times. . I wonder how they derived the number 3
? Maybe to help justify the initial high cost?

Dallas Congleton