Re: [Healeys] Hot Healeys

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Hot Healeys
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:38:27 +0800
Bob -

It's not the water in the exhaust gasses when the car is running, its the
ambient water that comes into the exhaust system after you shut the motor
off.  That's what causes all the rust.  If you have SS exhaust, it should be
less of a concern.  Plus the additional heat will cause more post shut down
corrosion in your mufflers if they are mild steel.  It wouldn't suprise me
if the baffles in your mufflers break loose sometime soon (the welds holding
the baffles always rust out first).  Of couse, if you have SS it will be
less of an issue.

Alan