Re: [Healeys] electrical problem

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] electrical problem
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:28:54 +0800
James -

Pop open the cover of your voltage regulator.  It sounds to me like one of
the two (or three for BJ8) cut out contacts has fused together or melted
inside, giving a constant circuit.  Sometimes you can fix this by prying the
contacts apart and filing them down a bit, and adjusting them a little.
Other times you have to replace the whole box.

Be careful - you may be overcharging your battery - fix it before driving
again.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1