[Healeys] electrical problem

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] electrical problem
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:08:42 -0700
now i am getting ready to panic.  my bn6 has about 600+ miles on it and has a
problem that has me stumped.  the charging light does not come on when the
ignition is turned on, will barely glow when engine is started and idling, but
gets very bright as rpm increases.  this is backward to normal operation.
pulled a cable off battery and engine stopped.  replaced battery with no
effect.  swapped generators with my bj8, no effect, light still on.  replaced
new voltage regulator with another new one.  no effect.  light still works
backward.  checked every wire on wiring diagram, checked all grounds, etc.
battery holds charge and measures 12.66 volts.   what am i missing?
healeymanjim