Re: [Healeys] Oil seal removal

To: <ahy3000@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil seal removal
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:15:37 +0000
Well, you know, we do bathe occasionally around here... But to your question:
Speaking as someone who hasn't dealt with a late tranny (as in no mechanical
seal), I think the seal can be pulled from the front, thus relieving you
having to disassemble the gearbox. If you can access the seal use a
screwdriver to get under the metal shell and pry it out. You can get a seal
from any of the usual vendors, or from a bearing and seal supplier such as
Kaman Bearing. I like to upgrade to a double lip seal when I can.

Bill Lawrence
> From: ahy3000@comcast.net
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:32:56 +0000
> Subject: [Healeys] Oil seal removal
>
> I sent this yesterday but didn't get any response - is it something I said
or is this just a boring question?