Re: [Healeys] OD Getting Hot

To: "'Kenny J'" <theswed@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OD Getting Hot
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:00:25 -0600
The heat is coming from friction somewhere in the unit. I would GUESS that
there is zero thrust on the mainshaft..probably the rear bearing if it heats
up that quickly.
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2
Porter Custom Bicycles
www.britishcarforum.com/portercustoms.html
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

It
seemed to help with the disengaging issue.  I also checked the operating
valve
for debris.  I jacked up the rear of the car to do a test run.  The OD
engaged/disenganged (by hand)much better than before.  The OD, however,
began
to get real hot within 10-15 seconds.  I shut it down immediately.  After
letting it cool for 10 mins I did a second test run.  It got hot again
quickly
and a small amount of smoke came out of the breather on the top of the unit.
Any ideas before I pull it out again?  Thanks.

Kenny
61 BT-7