Re: [Healeys] OD Getting Hot

To: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>, "'Kenny J'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OD Getting Hot
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:16:23 -0700
I agree w/ Dave Porter.  I was driving my latest BN7 restoration around w/o
the interior or trans cover... suddenly the O'd did not want to shift, and
when I put my hand on the rear of the O'd unit, the rear end was getting
hotter by the minute!  Got back to the shop asap, and pulled the trans/O'd.
Took it to Mark Jones at Brit Sport (in Seattle), had him rebuild it...works
great ever since.  Rear bearing was bad.

John Snyder