Re: [Healeys] 100 Aluminium Head

To: "Tadeusz Malkiewicz" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Aluminium Head
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:07:33 +0800
Tadek -

The ali heads main benefit is reduced weight.  Also, they are prepped
for unleaded fuel, although your iron head can be adapted for unleaded
too, for about 90% less cost!

The ali heads on the 100, in my opinion, aren't worth the trouble.
The ali head will be very prone to leaking due to slight warping at
the head surface, even the iron heads have problems with leaking, the
ali heads are worse.  You can fix the problem in part by purchasing
the $300 steel head gasket, so it's not just the ali head you have to
pay for if you want to do it right.

If you are racing and you need every edge, yes, otherwise for daily
drivers I'd say no.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Alan