Re: [Healeys] Trafficator removal help

To: tld6008@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator removal help
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:20:14 -0400
Tim,

Is the stator tube at the front of the steering box moving too?  Just the
1/8" in? Are you trying to remove the stator tube at the same time? There's
a compression fitting under the olive nut - it may have been tightened
enough to deform the tube so the fitting won't slide off the tube.  That
will keep the stator from moving.

Can you adjust the steering wheel?  Does the trafficator move with the wheel?

Bob