Re: [Healeys] Trafficator removal help

To: <tld6008@mchsi.com>, "'Healey list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator removal help
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:26:22 -0400
Hi Tim,
I suspect that remains of the grub screws or burrs from the drilling are
still holding the trafficator switch into the steering wheel. If that is the
case it will probably be fairly hard to remove. If prying very gently
between the wheel hub and the switch body doesn't work I would suggest
trying to push the stator tube up as far as possible into the steering box
and then when it stops try tapping on the end of the tube up inside the
steering box...(I made a special hollow, stepped punch for the job) At least
that way you will probably avoid breaking the bakelite parts although
getting the lower tube separated from the upper one can be a bit of a pain.
Good luck.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)