Re: [Healeys] Trafficator removal help

To: tld6008@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trafficator removal help
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:54:25 +0800
Tim -

With adjustable steering, you don't want to loosen the olive nut and take
the stator tube out.  Keep the olive nut on, there are other problems here.

I suspect the bits of the grub screws are still in there.  Try wobbling the
trafficator out, or tapping the holes out on the grub screws you drilled to
clear out the holes.

The main stator tube may also be pinched on the trafficator's stator tube
(this happened to me on my early BN1).  I fixed my BN1 by jamming a
screwdriver in the gap and levering it out, but I did break the bakelite
body in the process (I had a spare that's why I did this).  If this is the
case with yours, however, I would remove the olive nut then pull the
assembly, but if it's stuck even when your olive is off, then this is not
your problem (see above).

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1