Re: [Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:13:18 -0800 (PST)
It is my opinion that the lofty prices paid for "muscle cars" is total idiocy.
These cars were not hand built, they were shodily built and they were built in
huge numbers, if you consider all variations. I just don't see paying crazy
money for grandma's Plymouth just because it has a hemi. At end of the day it
is still a Plymouth just faster.
Then there is that other thing collectors look for, provenance. If the car
competed in events such as Daytona, Sebring, LeMans...etc Then the price can be
justified for that specific car but not as a whole class of cars.
Don't get me wrong I think the cars are collectible I just don't see the
justification/value for the money paid.
Happy Thanksgiving
Jorge Garcia
1986 Buick Grand National (sold)
1966 Pontiac GTO (high school occasional ride)