Re: [Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars
From: "F. Ronald Rader" <f.ronald.rader@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:56:37 -0800
Listers.
We just finished "building" a 1966 mustang GT 350 H.

We took it down to the tub, bead blasted it, and put almost EVERY part
back on new or completely rebuilt.

In the end we have a great rally car, exactly the way I would have
ordered it in 1966.
Great handling and braking, very comfortable; good steering and ride.
With A/C, power disc brakes, and 4 speed AOD the car is drivable, FAST, and
fun.
It does not matter that there were millions of mustangs built or
thousands of GT 350s.

It is going on the Copperstate 1000 next year (instead of my 1967 E FHC).

It is comfortable and easy enough to drive from LA to Phoenix in 6
hours then drive 1000 miles for 4 days, and then drive back to LA in 6
hours. It holds all of the costume changes that SWMBO brings. This
keeps her happy and involved in my / our hobby.

What is that worth? (Insert your number here).

And that is why people continue to buy completely finished car #1 cars.
To use them.

Muscle car or sports car  it doesn't matter.
ron
1966 Mustang GT 350 H
BJ8
E FHC
1954 Nash Healey

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is my opinion that the lofty prices paid for "muscle cars" is total
idiocy. ....
> Don't get me wrong I think the cars are collectible I just don't see the
justification/value for the money paid.