Re: [Healeys] Re-installing Tranny?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Re-installing Tranny?
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:17:25 -0500
Scott,

I have removed and replaced the gearbox on my BJ7 with the engine in place
at least six times, at least four of those times by myself.  With the car on
a lift, I could get the box out in three and a half hours.  Putting it back
probably took about four hours the last time I did it.  Believe it or not,
the hardest part of the process was removing and replacing the parcel shelf.

One thing that I did to make it easier to lift by myself was to remove the
bellhousing after I had separated the gearbox from the engine.

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB