Re: [Healeys] Email problem

To: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Email problem
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:23:12 +0800
If you can believe it, a 3500GT Spider was available for sale in the Safeway
parking lot near my house in Walnut Creek in 1983.  It was sitting in the
parking lot with a "for sale" sign.  Top was down and completely open so I
sat in it and popped the hood - completely looked the thing over.  No one
worried about vandals then.

The guy wanted about $10,000 for it, was in very good running condition and
no rust, but paint was a little faded (Maserati dark blue).  Daytonas were
selling for around $30K at the time.  I remember thinking the thing must've
been a straight 12 because it had 12 spark plug wires!  I couldn't quite
figure out how to pay for it and settled on paying $3,000 for my BJ8
instead....

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1