Re: [Healeys] no compression 100

To: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] no compression 100
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:05:24 +0800
John -

As always, sage advice.  Wasn't sure about the 100, but given your thoughts
on cracking, that makes good sense.

Actually,  on the A90 I didn't put in the unleaded seats on my rebuild - my
feeling was that a 6.9:1 compression and single springs on the valves meant
that the chance of valve seat recession on the old girl was basically nil.
I did, however, put in new exhaust valves and I still toss in some lead
substitute from time to time.

That being said, with the BJ8 running pretty high compression and higher
revs.... I am contemplating otherwise.... ?  I will be doing a complete
rebuild on it.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1